Sunday, July 17, 2011

Marathon and Insights

June was a busy month. I went to Utah and ran my marathon. It went pretty well, the race was beautiful and challenging specially from mile 22 to 26.2. But I finished as strong as my body allowed me to and my time was 3 hours 24 min 37 sec. I qualified for the Boston Marathon and had a great experience seeing my family at the end. Marathons are always more than a physical experience for me. I always think of a marathon as an analogy of our lives. Many times we enjoy the view, are keeping a good pace and run side by side with many people, learn from them and see them pass by. There are times when we wish we could quit, when our mind is willing but our natural men says "I can't do this anymore, it is too hard". It is then, when something greater inside of us tell us we can do it, that we can finish the race. For me it was many things, it was the memory of my family running and cheering me along the way in my mind. It was the inner strength that I received from a loving Father in Heaven and the idea of seeing my love ones at the end and to say in my heart that I had run a good race and finished what I started. That the months of effort and preparation paid off. I think our lives are just like that. There are good and bad times. Sometimes our only motivation is our love ones, the inner strength we receive from up above to finish a challenge; or the idea that at the end we will have the satisfaction and the peace that we have fought the good fight, and that in the end we will be with our families and enjoy the blessings of heaven with them. I am so grateful for this experience for the time I had to reflect on my life, to think of all those who have made a difference for me, my family, my friends. I am specially grateful for the life my friend Briana Stephens lived, for her battle with cancer. For her whom in the hardest time of my marathon came to my mind. I thought of how she never gave up hope, never gave up trying. I picture her running with me at some point and I received the strength to go a little farther and to not give up. I hope to finish not only this race but the race of life like she did. I also want to thank my family for always supporting me in all I do. Not only my husband and children, but my parents, siblings and in laws. For Rob's family and all my friends who showed me so much love and support. Thank you. I love you all.




No comments: