Rachel woke up crying at about 11:30pm and I thought it was like 3:00am. I was in my deepest sleep. I tried to stay in bed hoping she would go back to sleep, but I figured since she does not usually wake up, I had better go see. I have to admit I kind of waited to see if Rob would wake up, but no... it did not happen. So I went to Rachel's room, and as soon as I opened the door, it smelled so bad. Yep, poppy diaper, a huge one. I cleaned her up. Washed her bum, and then put on a clean diaper. Rachel half-asleep, and half-awake gave me the cutest grin. I held her in my arms and rocked her for a while. With one of her hands, she caressed my shoulder and my arm. Then she half opened her eyes, looked at me, and smiled. You know, one of those moments where you connect, heaven seems so close. I felt the reassurance of my special mission as a mother, in this small act of service to my child. I know mothers have many of those moments, when we realize we are doing something for our kids, they cannot do for themselves, we are rendering the greatest act of service and love, and the Spirit is so close. Sometimes is hard. However, even behind those moments when we drag ourselves we can find spiritual and special moments. I am grateful for the blessing of motherhood and for the great experiences that spring from small moments.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
A Tender Experience
Rachel woke up crying at about 11:30pm and I thought it was like 3:00am. I was in my deepest sleep. I tried to stay in bed hoping she would go back to sleep, but I figured since she does not usually wake up, I had better go see. I have to admit I kind of waited to see if Rob would wake up, but no... it did not happen. So I went to Rachel's room, and as soon as I opened the door, it smelled so bad. Yep, poppy diaper, a huge one. I cleaned her up. Washed her bum, and then put on a clean diaper. Rachel half-asleep, and half-awake gave me the cutest grin. I held her in my arms and rocked her for a while. With one of her hands, she caressed my shoulder and my arm. Then she half opened her eyes, looked at me, and smiled. You know, one of those moments where you connect, heaven seems so close. I felt the reassurance of my special mission as a mother, in this small act of service to my child. I know mothers have many of those moments, when we realize we are doing something for our kids, they cannot do for themselves, we are rendering the greatest act of service and love, and the Spirit is so close. Sometimes is hard. However, even behind those moments when we drag ourselves we can find spiritual and special moments. I am grateful for the blessing of motherhood and for the great experiences that spring from small moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Diana,
Casi me haces llorar! ( y por cierto ahora uno entiende por que de nina uno les dice a sus mamis por que lloras por todo mama? jijij) De verdad que lindas experiencias con los bebos/as. Ellos/as bien que saben el gran amor que les tenemos. Gracias Diana por compartir esa linda experiencia. Me encanta como la cuentas!
Dianis,
Gracias por compartir estos sentimientos que no solo vienen del corazón de una madre, pero que superan cualquier dicha y alegría en esta tierra. De verdad que lo más lindo es poder reconocer estos momentos y llevarlos por siempre en nuestro corazón.
Post a Comment