Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Day I Became an American Citizen






On November 19Th of 2008, I became an American citizen. The sworn in ceremony took place at the Phoenix Stadium, where the Super Bowl took place this year. Can you believe how important I am? Incredible! 2178 people became US citizens that day. It was an emotional and special event. To be adopted by the country that has given me so many blessings and opportunities. I also love that I can keep both my Colombian and American citizen ships. Great! That is what we do at our home, we try to bring the best of both cultures and we teach our girls to honor, respect and love, both. I don't have a lot of pics, because the camera run out of batteries,even though we had charged it the night before (haha). To celebrate the event, Rob, Arianna, Rachel, and I ate at the Cheese Cake Factory:)

3 comments:

BROOKLYNandJEFF said...

Congratulations! I love Cheesecake Factory- it's our favorite place to eat! We are so happy for you!

Tosha said...

Hey congratulations on your citizenship!!! You probably know more about America now than the rest of us who have lived here our whole lives!! Your family is growing up so quickly I can't believe Rachel is walking around, she was just so tiny when I saw last time. I hope our paths cross soon. . .Is this graduation year for you??? What are your plans, moving anywhere????Talk to you soon. Tosh

Johanna said...

Oye loquita hace rato no me metía a tu blog, y me alegra que hayas puesto estas lindas fotos de tu nueva ciudadanía, ahora si que te puedo decir ,que no te me HAGAS LA GRINGA!!!! jajaja, de verdad que te felicito un montón y espero poder hablarnos pronto. BY THE WAY, YOU LOOK SOOOO CUTE!!! jajaja, besos